Europe Makes Career

Study, training, a gap year with work and travel, or voluntary work: Your future, your Europe!

Want to study in the EU abroad?

Studying without borders in all European Union countries – it's not just a dream!

Two semesters of Business Administration in Barcelona – daytime campus with a view of the Mediterranean, evenings in the old town? Master's degree in European Studies at Uppsala University? Here you'll find your entry into the European academic world. 



Studying Abroad in the EU

Homepage: Erasmus+

EU program for education, training, youth, and sport

  • Opportunities for Individuals
    • Students - Study Abroad:

Erasmus+ assists in organizing exchanges for students and doctoral candidates within Erasmus+ Program Countries as well as to and from Partner Countries.

By studying abroad, you can enhance your communication skills, language proficiency, and intercultural competencies, acquiring social skills highly valued by future employers.

You can also combine your study abroad experience with an internship to gain essential work experience, increasingly important for entering the job market.

The opportunity for a study abroad experience is open to bachelor's or master's students and doctoral candidates.

For mobility between program countries, the Online Linguistic Support provided by Erasmus+ can help you learn the language used in your study program.

Students with physical, mental, or health-related conditions can apply for additional funding after being selected for studying abroad.


Your study abroad experience lasts a minimum of 2 months (or one academic trimester) and a maximum of 12 months.

With Erasmus+, you can undertake multiple study abroad experiences, either as a student or intern, but you must not spend more than 12 months abroad within the same study cycle.

By "cycle," we refer to the study level defined in the European Qualifications Framework (EQF):

  • First Cycle (Bachelor or equivalent) EQF – 5/6
  • Second Cycle (Master or equivalent) EQF 7
  • Third Cycle (Doctorate or equivalent) EQF 8

In "single-cycle" programs like Medicine or Architecture, you can go abroad for up to 24 months with Erasmus+.


  • To study abroad with Erasmus+, you must be enrolled in a higher education institution and study a subject leading to a recognized academic degree. First-cycle students must be in at least the second year of their studies.
  • Your study abroad experience must be relevant to your academic goals and personal development as part of your study program.
  • Your home institution and the host institution must have an interinstitutional agreement to enable a study abroad experience under Erasmus+.
  • In Program Countries, both institutions must also possess the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education Institutions in Partner Countries commit to adhering to the principles outlined in the interinstitutional agreement by signing it.

Academic Recognition

Before your study abroad experience:

  1. You, the sending, and the host institution sign a learning agreement for the study to ensure a transparent and efficient exchange preparation and agree on the modalities of recognizing learning outcomes achieved abroad.
  2. This document sets out the rights and obligations of the various parties involved. You receive the Erasmus+ Student Charter, outlining your rights and obligations regarding your study abroad experience.


All National Agencies for Erasmus+ in Germany offer comprehensive services for project consultation, application processing, and support for your European projects. This includes specialized conferences, partner exchanges, as well as training and further education opportunities for professionals in the relevant educational fields.

Find all information and contact details related to Erasmus+ educational areas on the National Agencies.

The National Agencies in Germany are:

NA at DAAD - National Agency for Erasmus+ Higher Education Cooperation

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has been serving as the National Agency for EU programs in higher education (including Erasmus) in Germany since 1987, on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). These tasks were consolidated under Erasmus+ in 2014.

The EU's educational programs have become crucial instruments for the internationalization of German universities. They ensure an adequate presence of German universities in EU programs and highlight synergies with complementary national funding programs.

As the National Agency for Erasmus+, we allocate European funds to German universities for the mobility of students and university staff within and outside Europe. Additionally, we promote Erasmus+ partnerships and cooperation projects in the European higher education sector. The international dimension of the program aims to further strengthen the role of the European Union as a global actor.

During the application process and management of these European funds, we support universities with a diverse consultation service.

NA at PAD - National Agency Erasmus+ School Education

As the National Agency, the Pedagogical Exchange Service (PAD) at the Secretariat of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs provides information and advice on the EU education program Erasmus+ in the school sector.

The PAD is the only state institution in Germany responsible for international exchange and cooperation in the school sector, acting on behalf of the federal states in Germany, the Foreign Office, the EU Commission, and other national and international cooperation partners in the educational field.

NA at BIBB - National Agency Education for Europe at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training

The National Agency Education for Europe at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (NA at BIBB) is the responsible agency in Germany for the action programs and initiatives of the European Commission in the field of vocational education and adult education – as well as for European and international education cooperation.

The NA at BIBB is also:

The National Agency at BIBB is located at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training. It collaborates closely with ministries, federal states, social partners, associations, chambers, companies, universities, and educational institutions. On the international level, it cooperates with the European Commission and National Agencies in Europe.

NA JFE - National Agency Erasmus+ Youth / National Agency Erasmus+ Sport

JUGEND für Europa has been supporting European cooperation in the youth sector for 35 years, primarily by promoting the mobility and participation of young people, networking and training for youth professionals, and youth policy cooperation in Europe. We work on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ) and the EU Commission.

Since 2023, JUGEND für Europa has been entrusted by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI) to implement the Erasmus+ Sport program in Germany as a National Agency.

Since 2018, JUGEND für Europa has also been the National Agency for the EU program European Solidarity Corps (ESC).

Telephone consultation on Erasmus+ in various educational sectors is available through the respective service numbers:

National Agency for Erasmus+ Higher Education Cooperation at DAAD

Higher Education

National Agency at the Pedagogical Exchange Service of KMK

School Education
Consultation on funding opportunities:
9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Monday, Thursday, and Friday)
1:00 pm to 3:30 pm (Tuesday and Wednesday)
at the toll-free service number: 0800 372 76 87.

Consultation on digital exchange with eTwinning:
9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm (Monday to Thursday)
9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Friday)
at the toll-free service number: 0800 389 466 464.

National Agency Education for Europe at BIBB

Vocational and Adult Education
Service number: 0228 107 1608
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 09:30 am to 12:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm

National Agency JUGEND für Europa

Non-formal and informal learning of young people
Service number: 0228 9506 220

More information on program implementation, central calls, as well as European events and current publications can be found on the EU Commission's website for Erasmus+


Homepage: European Studies Program

Here you will find all universities where you can study European Studies. Please note that the names of the programs may vary from university to university, even if the content of the study is similar.

For example, the following program names might be interesting in your research: Europäische Studien / European Studies, Internationale Beziehungen, Politikwissenschaft, Europa-Studien / European Studies, Global Studies.

Complete list of study programs in the field: Politikwissenschaften, Sozialwissenschaften.

Homepage: Bachelor European Studies 2023/2024: All Programs - ...

Bachelor European Studies
Are you interested in a Bachelor's degree in European Studies? Then a total of 3 programs at 2 universities are suitable for you. Depending on the study model and the institute, your European Studies Bachelor program is usually full-time. You usually complete your bachelor's degree after 6 to 8 semesters.

Three programs are mentioned:

  1. Uni Passau - European Studies (B.A.)
  2. Uni Passau - European Studies Major (B.A.)
  3. Uni Magdeburg - European Studies (B.A.)

There are links to a total of 586 universities and 20,966 programs.

Homepage: College of Europe – Europa-Kolleg Brügge/Belgium

The College of Europe in Bruges was founded in 1949 by the then ten founding states of the Council of Europe. It offers 250 university graduates annually the opportunity to engage in an in-depth study of European integration during a one-year postgraduate program. Upon successful completion, a diploma is awarded.

Applicants with a degree in law, economics, or political science, who have sufficient knowledge of the two working languages of the College of Europe, English and French, are admitted.

German scholarships for the College of Europe are awarded by the European Movement Germany.


Would you like to undergo training in an EU country?

Freedom of movement for workers makes it possible – find a job in a European country.

Lifeguard on the beach of Scheveningen? IT expert in Tallinn? We show you the variety of opportunities and provide you with initial practical tips. 



Training (also partial) in the EU


“Ausbildung im Ausland – So klappt’s mit dem Auslandsaufenthalt”

It sounds like a dream for many: Completing your Ausbildung (training) abroad. For most, it remains just that because aspiring apprentices often don't know what opportunities they have.

We'll tell you how you can go abroad as an apprentice and improve your career prospects.

Important questions answered here:

  • Can I do vocational training abroad?

Basically yes. However, it makes a big difference whether you want to complete the entire training abroad or just plan a stay abroad during the training. *Completing the entire training abroad involves some legal hurdles. This starts with foreign training systems and ends with the recognition of the degree back in Germany.

*It is much easier if you do the training in Germany and only spend part of the training abroad. This is related, among other things, to the Vocational Training Act (BBiG).

Vocational Training Act (BBiG): Since 1969, the Vocational Training Act has regulated vocational training in Germany. This includes, for example, the general conditions for training in Germany, the recognition of qualifications, as well as the rights and obligations of trainees. In 2005, the BBiG was fundamentally revised and supplemented, among other things, with the topic of training abroad. In §2 "Training locations," it is stated under point 3 that trainees may spend up to a quarter of their training abroad. For a three-year training, that's around nine months.

  • How does a stay abroad during training work?

If you already know during the search for a training position that you want to go abroad during training, you should consider this when choosing your training company. The chances of an assignment abroad are much higher with international corporations and companies with branches abroad.

  • What training opportunities are suitable for a stay abroad?

Next to the training company, the training profession can also influence whether you can go abroad during training. Some training occupations or professions are very internationally oriented. In occupations involving languages, for example, stays abroad are very important to improve language skills.

Training with a strong international focus

Of course, you also have the opportunity to gain professional experience abroad in all other training occupations. In the end, it depends on the training company. Many industrial companies have branches in other countries. In such companies, the chance of a stay abroad is particularly high.

Good to know: The more international the company is, the easier it is to incorporate a stay abroad into the training.

  • What requirements do I have to meet?

Basically, you have the opportunity to include a stay abroad in any training. However, the following requirements must be met:

  • You have the approval of the training company.
  • The stay abroad serves the training goal.
  • It is recognized as a part of the training.

Important: If you are abroad for more than four weeks, a separate training plan must be created in collaboration with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK). This ensures that the correct training content is conveyed even abroad. The Vocational Training Act also raises legal questions from time to time.

  • How do I find training abroad?

First, you should check with your training company whether they offer the option of a stay abroad. If this is not the case, you can also inquire at your Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) whether they know of any possibilities. In addition, there are some programs that specifically promote stays abroad during training.

  • Programs and initiatives


- The foreign vocational training program provides information on apprenticeships abroad and supports you in finding a suitable training company abroad.">BIKU: BDKL

- Support and funding opportunities for stays abroad during training.

- The "Vocational Training Worldwide" program also promotes stays abroad for vocational training in commercial, technical, and social professions.


- The German Society for International Cooperation offers various programs for vocational training abroad.

The NA at BIBB (National Agency for Education for Europe at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training) is your contact for Erasmus+ in vocational education.

Do you have questions?

Erasmus+ is a diverse program. We are happy to advise you and help you find the right path into the program.
Phone: 0228 107 1608
Mon | Tue | Wed | Fri: 09:30-12:00
Thu: 13:00-15:00


Homepage: Prepare for studying or training abroad / EUROPASS

European Union

"Prepare for studying or training abroad"

If you want to study or complete your training in another EU country, you need to present your qualification (degree, diploma, or proof of vocational training) to a university or educational institution. To make this process as smooth as possible and help you go abroad quickly, we have prepared a checklist with tips and information for you.

Planning a "GAP Year" in the EU or interested in "Work and Travel"?

Whether after studying, completing your education, or just taking a break in between – Europe is open to you!

Do you want to spend a few weeks or months abroad? Maybe work in Florence for a while? Perhaps take advantage of an au pair opportunity in Nice? Then you're in the right place. We provide information and tips for all possibilities. Let's go, broaden your horizons.

Gap Year


GAP Year in the EU Abroad / Work and Travel

Homepage – EURES

European Union 

"Living & Working in Europe"

The EURES portal for labor mobility provides information services that offer help and support to those who want to work in another country or employ workers from another country.

The Living and Working Conditions database contains information on a range of important issues such as housing search, school, taxes, cost of living, health, social legislation, comparability of qualifications, and more.

Another important information tool is the Labor Market Information section, which, categorized by countries, regions, and economic sectors, provides information on current developments in the European labor market.

Info on "Living & Working"

With the many practical, legal, and administrative aspects that are relevant when moving abroad, it can be challenging to keep track. The pages on living and working conditions in the EURES portal aim to provide comprehensive information in advance to help you handle the move abroad as smoothly as possible. They also provide information on industries where there is a significant imbalance in job offers and demand in the short and long term, which could influence the focus of your job search.

The right to live and work in another EU country is one of the fundamental freedoms of the EU and applies within the framework of the EEA and the EFTA agreement to Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland. Some transitional provisions apply to citizens of the newer EU countries. Information on the application of transitional provisions in different EURES countries is available in the "Freedom of Movement" section of the portal or through the following link: 

Are you temporarily working for your employer outside the member state where you normally work? In this case, you are considered a "posted worker"; further information on the regulations for your working conditions is available in the "Secondment of Workers" section on the Europa portal.

For more detailed information or further assistance, you can always contact your local EURES adviser or an EURES adviser in the country you want to move to.


Toll-free phone number: 00800 4080 4080 (from landline only). If the toll-free phone number is not reachable from your phone, you can also dial +352 42 44 87 (standard call rate to Luxembourg).

Homepage: Work And Travel Europe | Working abroad

"Work Abroad with Yobbers"

"Working abroad brings you many new experiences. You will get to know new cultures, people, and lifestyles. When you work abroad, you will live in the here and now, find your way, and broaden your horizons."


Zuiderplein 4 8911 AJ Leeuwarden Netherlands

Carrer del Professor Beltrán Báguena, 4 Office 210, 309 & 313 46009 València Spain

General phone number

+31 97 010 25 67 14

Start WhatsApp chat

General email address

Homepage: Rausvonzuhaus | Foreign stays for young people

"Your way abroad"

Do you want to go abroad for a few weeks or months? Then you are in the right place. We provide information and tips on all possibilities and advise you free, personally, and neutrally.

Eurodesk is a European youth information network with national coordination offices in 37 countries and over 1,000 regional service points throughout Europe, including around 50 in Germany.

The German Eurodesk team collects information for you on the subject of stays abroad and international encounters for young people. On this website, you will find all the information about various programs, financing, and the selection of organizations.


Phone: 0228 – 950 6250



Homepage: Workaway

"Stays with host families, volunteering & working holidays in Europe"

Homepage: Federal Employment Agency (BfA)

Work & Travel

You can go abroad to supplement your travel budget with occasional jobs on-site. Information and addresses for Work & Travel can be obtained, for example, on the website of the Federal Foreign Office and at rausvonzuhaus.

Are you interested in volunteering in Europe and meaningful volunteer projects?

Volunteering or doing a Voluntary Social Year (FSJ) in another EU country is a fantastic opportunity to experience and explore your "own" continent more intensely.

With its fascinating history, you have endless opportunities to discover different cultures and traditions - from the Mediterranean flair under the sun of the Mediterranean to Nordic fascination with enchanting winter romance. And the best part: you can be very helpful and useful in various fields.

Voluntary Service


Voluntary Service Abroad - Overview

The Voluntary Social Year (FSJ) and the Voluntary Ecological Year (FÖJ) can be done not only domestically but also abroad - or as a combined youth voluntary service in sections both domestically and abroad.

In addition, there are special international voluntary services that can only be completed abroad, such as kulturweit, weltwärts, European Voluntary Service (EVS), European Solidarity Corps, International Youth Voluntary Service (IYVS), or peace services and church services abroad.

Addresses and important information, as well as links to various voluntary engagements, can be found on the website Voluntary Service.

The Federal Ministry for Family Affairs has compiled addresses of organizations and associations offering FSJ or FÖJ abroad, which can be found here.

Au Pair Stay

As an au pair, you live abroad with a family for a specific period (usually 6 to 12 months) and take care of their children. In return, you receive food and accommodation, as well as a monthly allowance. To go abroad as an au pair, you must meet certain requirements, which you can learn more about at Au Pair Quality Community.

There are many agencies that can assist you in finding a host family and offer preparatory courses. The Au Pair Quality Community also provides an Au Pair Agency Finder where you can filter by outgoing agencies.

Internship Abroad

The term "internship" is understood differently in every country: sometimes the term is used for vacation work or a temporary job. In many countries, you can do an internship only as part of studies or training.

Providers of foreign internships and more information can be found on the rausvonzuhaus portal.

Working Abroad

Within the EU, as an EU citizen, you can work anywhere. You can find jobs in European countries on the EURES portal, such as on the European Job Days website. If you have questions, you can contact EURES advisers.

In other countries, you need a visa to work there. Some countries offer young people the "Working Holiday" visa for a work and travel stay. In addition, almost every country offers the opportunity to apply for a traditional work visa, which can be difficult to obtain at times.

Language Courses and Language Trips

With a language course, you can go abroad and deepen your knowledge of a foreign language or learn a new one. In some degree programs, you may need to demonstrate certain language skills. Foreign language skills are also in demand in professional life.

There are many agencies that offer language courses and language trips. They connect you with a language school and take care of accommodation for you. The courses vary in length, from one week to several months.

Addresses and an overview of "Funded Language Courses" can be found on the rausvonzuhaus portal.

On and, you can find reports and experience reports on various stays abroad.

Get Advice

If you want to go abroad, our foreign advisers from the Central Foreign and Specialist Placement (ZAV) will be happy to help you. They will advise you on what to consider during a bridging period abroad or how to find an offer.

How to reach us:

Monday to Friday from 8 - 18 o'clock

Contact us directly

We are here for you:
Monday to Friday from 8 - 18 o'clock

0800 4 555500 (free of charge)

Homepage: "Voluntary Service in Europe"

"Experience Europe with Voluntary Service - the voluntary service of the European Union."

"We provide information about general conditions, such as financing and the selection of countries. In addition, young people who have themselves done voluntary service in a European country for several months share their experiences.

We are located in the

Foreign Society Saxony-Anhalt e.V.
Schellingstraße 3-4
39104 Magdeburg

Linda Koch
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday between 10 - 16 o'clock
Phone: 0391 5371 220

Homepage: "European Union - Your Europe"

European Union

"Volunteering in the EU and Worldwide"

As a volunteer, you can help communities both in your home country and abroad, gaining valuable experiences, acquiring new skills, and making friendships. The European Solidarity Corps offers many opportunities in Europe and, for humanitarian projects, outside Europe. As a volunteer, you won't earn money, but all expenses will be covered.

If you're between 18 and 30 years old and eager to get involved, you can work as a volunteer for a period ranging from two weeks to twelve months, either at home or abroad. You can also apply for humanitarian volunteer projects if you're between 18 and 35 years old. Learn more here:

Homepage: "rainbow garden village"

"Volunteer Work in Europe - Meaningful Volunteer Projects"

"Volunteering in Europe or doing an FSJ (voluntary social year) in Europe is a great opportunity for you to experience and explore "your own" continent more intensively.

The originally mentioned Western world offers you an interesting history and many opportunities to discover different cultures and traditions. From the Mediterranean flair under the sun of the Mediterranean Sea to Nordic fascination with enchanting winter romance, everything is included to satisfy the wanderlust."

Phone Support - Consultation Hours:
Mo - Fri: 10 AM - 12 PM and 2 PM - 4 PM

+49 (0) 89 / 454 537 93

Homepage: Volunteer Work in Europe - Volunteer World

Volunteer World

"Volunteering and Volunteer Services in Europe"

"Volunteer World is the largest comparison platform for volunteering abroad. We show you how to get involved abroad as a volunteer. Search and compare international volunteer programs offered directly by volunteer organizations. And all this with just a few clicks."

From Northern Ireland to the Mediterranean and all the way to Russia, there are numerous volunteer services in various fields—such as wildlife conservation, English teaching, or other charitable projects. The possibilities are nearly limitless. The minimum age for participation is 18 years.

It is advisable to acquire some basic knowledge of the respective national language. However, many projects only require basic knowledge of English.

The proposed daily budget for living as a volunteer in Europe ranges from $70 to $230. The cost of living can vary significantly within Europe, with Eastern Europe being much cheaper compared to Western Europe, which should be considered when selecting projects.

Homepage: weltwärts

Weltwärts stands for development policy engagement, global learning, and encounters on an equal footing. weltwärts brings together people from Germany, Asia, Africa, Latin America, Oceania, and Eastern Europe. Non-formal learning through mutual exchange and the strengthening of international partnerships are central to the program.

The program was launched in 2008 by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to support young people in their commitment to the One World. Since then, participating in weltwärts has been possible through the development policy volunteer service.

The program has an extensive quality system and is funded by the BMZ with up to 75 percent of the costs. The remaining share is borne by civil society organizations that implement the service. The administrative and financial coordination of the program is the responsibility of the weltwärts Coordination Office of Engagement Global.

The weltwärts volunteer service is a joint effort of the BMZ, civil society organizations, and former volunteers, meaning decisions regarding program management are made collaboratively.

World Volunteer Service

The development policy volunteer service weltwärts is aimed at young people aged 18 to 28 from Germany who wish to engage for several months, usually one year, in a country in Asia, Africa, Latin America, Oceania, or Eastern Europe (North-South component). It is also open to young people aged 18 to 29 from these regions who want to do volunteer service in Germany (South-North component).

For individuals with disabilities, the age limit is 35 years. The promotion of global learning, development policy engagement, and international solidarity is central to both components of the volunteer service. In addition to knowledge and experience transfer, responsible organizations in Germany and partner countries also benefit from networking with former volunteers.

weltwärts · Phone

Mauerstr. 53 · 10117 Berlin

030 185272805

Homepage: "Federal Volunteer Service (BFD)"

All information about a Voluntary Social Year (FSJ) abroad in 2023/2024

An FSJ is a state-sponsored year abroad, regulated by § 6 Youth Volunteer Services Act. Since the suspension of conscription, and consequently the suspension of compulsory civilian service, a large part of federal funding has been eliminated. However, as a Voluntary Social Year abroad costs significantly more than one in the country, only very few organizations offer an FSJ abroad. The state-sponsored International Youth Volunteer Service (IJFD) has taken the place of the Voluntary Social Year abroad, a new state-sponsored legal form for volunteering abroad. It is almost identical to the FSJ abroad.

When referring to an FSJ abroad today, it generally means a state-sponsored volunteer service or volunteer work abroad. It can be undertaken as a social, cultural, or ecological year abroad.

Conclusion: FSJ abroad stands for Voluntary Social Year abroad, is a youth volunteer service, and is regulated by the corresponding law.

The duration of an FSJ abroad is a maximum of 18 months. The legal minimum timeframe is 6 months. The standard duration for an FSJ abroad is one year.

Requirements include

  • minimum and maximum age (17 to 26 years) and
  • completed school education.

In addition, one should be open to new experiences, be able to adapt to new situations, and be willing to adjust to local conditions.

It is not required to be proficient in the local language, but there should be a willingness to learn it.

An FSJ abroad can be undertaken in principle in all countries worldwide. One only needs to find a sending organization in Germany that has a partner organization and placement in the desired FSJ country. A state-sponsored FSJ can only be done with an approved German sending organization.


  • Doing voluntary service abroad (FSJ) is a way to bridge the gap between waiting for the start of studies or training.
  • Living abroad for a year strengthens one's personality and broadens horizons.
  • It is also a contribution to international understanding; prejudices are reduced.
  • Another effect is the learning of the local language.

The tasks within an FSJ abroad are very diverse. It is a voluntary activity, and individuals can work with children, in environmental and nature conservation, in homeless and poverty relief, in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc.


FSJ abroad is very cost-effective as it is state-supported. The sending organization covers a significant portion of the costs, including the expenses for round-trip travel. Sending organizations expect individuals to collect donations of approximately 1000 to 2000 euros to finance their own FSJ.

Participants in an international FSJ receive a monthly allowance. They also receive health and accident insurance for their time abroad from the sponsoring organization. The costs for ongoing statutory health, pension, unemployment, and long-term care insurance contributions are covered. Accommodation and meals are generally provided by the sponsoring organization.


Prospective participants in an international FSJ apply exclusively to regional FSJ sponsors. The FSJ organizations conduct a selection process and place successful applicants with partner institutions abroad. Information on how to apply to the respective sponsor is described on the websites of the deployment organization. It is crucial to apply for an international FSJ position early, at least one year before the desired start date.

Additional Information:For further information and a brochure on international FSJ and other voluntary services, visit the website of the Federal Ministry for Family, Seniors, Women, and Youth:

Sponsors or organizations offering FSJ abroad

Voluntary social service abroad or voluntary ecological service abroad can only be carried out with approved sponsors. Approval is granted by the respective state authority. Therefore, applicants should always inquire about approval beforehand.

Below are some organizations offering FSJ abroad, sorted by federal states.


  • Volunteer Center Augsburg, Philippine-Welser-Str. 5a, 86150 Augsburg
  • Jesuit European Volunteers (JEV), Kaulbachstr. 31a, 80539 Munich
  • Bavarian Red Cross Region Franconia/Upper Palatinate, Voluntary Social Year, Regensburger Str. 231, 90478 Nuremberg
  • Internationaler Bund e.V. (EU and non-EU countries), EFD/FSJ Nuremberg, Kopernikusstr. 7/9, 90459 Nuremberg


  • Action Reconciliation Service for Peace e.V., Auguststr. 80, 10117 Berlin.
  • Arbeiterwohlfahrt, State Association Berlin e.V., FSJ Abroad, Osdorfer Str. 121, 12207 Berlin.
  • Counseling Center for International Voluntary Services Berlin, Missionary Center of the Franciscans, Wollankstr. 19, 13187 Berlin.
  • German Red Cross General Secretariat, Carstennstr. 58, 12205 Berlin.
  • Erziehungsweise e.V. Association for New Approaches in Education, Neue Hochstraße 32, 13347 Berlin.
  • Ijgd, International Youth Voluntary Services, State Association Berlin e.V., Glogauer Str. 21, 10999 Berlin.
  • German UNESCO Commission e.V., Schillerstraße 59, 10627 Berlin.
  • International Christian Youth Exchange e.V. (ICJA), Stralauer Allee 20e, 10245 Berlin.


  • Alegro e.V., Lessingstraße 11a, 15230 Frankfurt/Oder.


  • German Red Cross, District Association Aalen e.V., Bischof-Fischer-Str.119-121, 73430 Aalen.
  • German Caritas Association, Department Community Caritas, Consultation Voluntary Services, PO Box 420, 79004 Freiburg.
  • Catholic Youth Office, Consultation International Voluntary Services/BeSo Freiburg, Karthäuserstraße 41,
  • 79102 Freiburg.
  • German Red Cross, State Association Badisches Rotes Kreuz, FSJ, Schlettstadter Str. 31-33, 79110 Freiburg.
  • Pastoral Office Freiburg, Department Voluntary Services, PO Box 449, 79004 Freiburg.
  • Rehabilitation Center Southwest for the Disabled gGmbH, Voluntary Social Year (FSJ), Rüpprurer Str. 50, 76137 Karlsruhe.
  • Protestant Regional Church of Baden / Office for Youth Work, Blumenstr. 1-7, 76133 Karlsruhe.
  • Friends of Education according to Rudolf Steiner, Neisser Str. 10, 76139 Karlsruhe.
  • AEM e.V., Working Group of Evangelical Missions e.V., Hindenburgstr. 36, 70825 Korntal.
  • Diocesan Ordinariate Mainz, BDKJ/Diocesan Youth Office, Department for Voluntary Services and Civil Service, Am Fort Gonsenheim 54, 55122 Mainz.
  • Association of Missionaries on Time, Künkelinstr. 34, 73614 Schorndorf.
  • Spiritans Voluntary Service, Lortzingstr. 19, 70195 Stuttgart.
  • International Bund e.V. (FSJ in Italy), FSJ Tübingen, Frondsbergstr. 55, 72072 Tübingen.


  • Kawaida – Social Service in Africa e.V., FSJ in Tanzania, Schäferskampsallee 45, 20357 Hamburg.


  • International Bund e.V. (EU and non-European countries), Central Coordination Office for International Voluntary Services EFD/FSJ Kassel, Königsplatz 57, 34117 Kassel.
  • Ring of Missionary Youth Movements e.V. – FSJ, Im Druseltal 8, 34131 Kassel.
  • German-Israeli Association, Grüninger Weg 29, 35415 Pohlheim.
  • German Red Cross in Hesse, Volunta gGmbH, Worldwide Office, Abraham-Lincoln-Str. 7, 65189 Wiesbaden.


  • German Red Cross State Association Mecklenburg-Vorpommern e.V., Project: Poland, Wismarsche Str. 298, 19055 Schwerin.
  • International Bund e.V. (FSJ in Poland), FÖJ Schwerin, Keplerstr. 21, 19063 Schwerin.

Lower Saxony

  • Protestant Voluntary Services, for young people FSJ and DJIA gGmbH, Otto-Brenner-Str. 9, 30159 Hannover.
  • BONUS Hildesheim Volunteer Center, Andreas-Passage, 31134 Hildesheim.
  • Ijgd, International Youth Voluntary Services State Association Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein, Katharinenstr. 13, 31135 Hildesheim.
  • Association for International and Intercultural Exchange (Via e. V.), Bardowicker Str. 4, 21335 Lüneburg.

North Rhine-Westphalia

  • Legionaries of Christ e.V., Linnerijstraße 25, 53902 Bad Münstereifel.
  • von Bodelschwingsche Foundations Bethel, Bethel Foundation, Königsweg 1, 33617 Bielefeld.
  • Association of Voluntary Social Services in the Diocese of Aachen e.V., Eupener Str. 134, 52066 Aachen.
  • Initiative Christians for Europe e.V., Strüverweg 1b, 52070 Aachen.
  • Action Community Service for Peace e.V. – AGDF, Blücherstr. 14, 53115 Bonn.
  • Evangelical Church in the Rhineland, Office for Conscientious Objection, Civil Service, and Voluntary Peace Services, Venusberg 4, 53155 Bonn.
  • Ijgd, International Youth Voluntary Services Federal Association e.V., Kasernenstr. 48, 53111 Bonn.
  • Learning and Helping Overseas, Thomas-Mann-Str. 52, 53111 Bonn.
  • Don Bosco Bonn, Voluntary Services, Center for International Youth Aid and Development Work, Sträßchensweg 3, 53113 Bonn.
  • International Youth Voluntary Services Federal Association e.V. (IJGD), Kasernenstr. 48, 53111 Bonn.
  • Latin America Center e.V., Dr. Werner-Schuster-Haus, Kaiserstraße 101, 53113 Bonn.
  • German Red Cross, State Association North Rhine – FSJ, Auf’m Hennekamp 71, 40225 Düsseldorf.
  • Forum for International Peace Work e.V., Wilhelm-Nieswandt-Allee 100, 45326 Essen.
  • fid - Working Group for Development Aid e.V., PO Box 21 01 28, 50527 Cologne.
  • Kolping Youth Voluntary Services, Kolpingplatz 5-11, 50667 Cologne.
  • Voluntary Social Services FSJ in the Archdiocese of Cologne e.V., Steinfelder Gasse 20-22, 50670 Cologne.
  • Regional Association Westphalia-Lippe, FÖJ Central Office, Warendorfer Str. 25, 48133 Münster.
  • Community of Priests in Service to Catholic Integrated Parishes e.V., Tegelweg 13, 33102 Paderborn.


  • Eirene – International Christian Peace Service e.V., PO Box 1322, 56503 Neuwied.
  • Pallottine Voluntary Service, Bannmühle, 55571 Odernheim.
  • Office for Peace Services of the Protestant Church of the Palatinate, Große Himmelsgasse 3, 67346 Speyer.
  • Social Peace Services Abroad e.V., Hinter dem Dom 4, 54290 Trier.


  • German Red Cross, State Association Saarland FSJ, Project France/Luxembourg, Wilhelm-Heinrich-Str. 9, 66117 Saarbrücken.


  • Initiative Christians for Europe e.V., Wachwitzer Höhenweg 10, 01328 Dresden.
  • International Bund e.V. (FSJ in Poland and Czech Republic), FÖJ Löbau, Lauchaerweg 1a, 02708 Löbau.
  • Work and Education Torgau e.V., Am Stadtpark 2, 04860 Torgau.


  • State Association Cultural Child and Youth Education Saxony-Anhalt e.V., FSJ-Abroad, Liebigstr. 5, 39104 Magdeburg.


  • Volunteer Center Saalfeld, Darrtorstraße 11, 07318 Saalfeld.

    “Europe Makes Career” is a project of the European Academy Berlin with the kind support of the Federal Foreign Office and the European Union.

    Programme Director