We invite you to SKRYNYA | Ukrainian Pop-Up Charity Market on 27th of February 2023. This is the third event of its kind, but this time it takes place as part of ‘Cafe Kyiv’ on the sad one year mark of the full-scale invasion of Russia in Ukraine that began on 24th of February 2022.
SKRYNYA, meaning a "treasure chest" in Ukrainian, provides a glimpse into the treasures of Ukraine's creative scene, with over 15 fashion, jewelry, and home design brands, as well as artists, DJs, and initiatives from the Ukrainian cultural landscape. The young creative scene from Ukraine, represented at SKRYNYA, shares their vision of a free European state to rediscover Ukraine and listen to its diverse voices.
The event has two main objectives: to raise funds for Ukraine, with 20% of the proceeds going to the local Ukrainian fundraising organization Proactive Generation for humanitarian and medical purposes in the affected areas, and promote awareness of Ukraine's creative scene and rich cultural heritage. To achieve these goals, the event will feature:
- A pop-up market with over 15 Ukrainian fashion, jewelry, and home decoration brands, including Support by Poustovit, Chego Jewelry, Etnodim, Yakush tableware and others;
- Workshops in bead weaving and traditional Ukrainian ‘motanka’ doll-making by Labo's World;
- An exhibition of modern Ukrainian artists curated by Pictoric, a photo exhibition by Airlift;
- All-day flower market and Ukrainian bread ‘palyanytsya’ by Bake for Ukraine;
- Live performances by Ukrainian DJs from the Stil vor Talent label and Oleg Mokhniuk;
- Food court organized by the German-Ukrainian restaurant „Marone”, the Ukrainian cuisine by ‘Ukrainische Küche Berlin’, the flavours of Central Asia by ‘Samarkand’ (co-founded by an Uzbek refugee from Kharkiv), the well-known “Space Meduza” Bar, and ultimate deserts by the Ukrainian confectioner Snezhana from Kharkiv.
The pop-up market SKRYNYA is made possible thanks to the generous support of Zalando, the Berlin-based European platform for fashion and lifestyle, and the dedication of Berlin's Ukrainian community. Further details about the event will be published on Facebook and Instagram.
The entrance to ‘Cafe Kyiv’ including ‘SKRYNYA’ is free of charge, however due to limited space and security reasons, registration via cafekyiv.kas.de is required. We look forward to welcoming you, and to the opportunity to support Ukraine through this event.