Köpenicker Str. 16-17
On 28th and 29th of October 2022, a "SKRYNYA | Ukrainian Pop-Up Charity Market" in support of Ukraine will take place in Berlin Magazin at the Heeresbäckerei (Köpenicker Straße 16-17, 10997 Berlin). In the heart of Berlin, the young creative scene from Ukraine offers an insight into their visions of a free, European state in Europe.
"Skrynya" means a "treasure chest" in Ukrainian. Hence this weekend you will gain insight into the treasure chest of Ukraine: over 30 fashion, jewellery and home designers, along with artists, singers, DJs and initiatives from Ukraine's creative scene, who will introduce themselves to the Berlin public at the two-day festival Skrynya and showcase their skills in live master classes.
The first goal of the event is to raise funds for Ukraine: 20% of the proceeds will be given to the official fundraising organisations of Ukraine for medical and humanitarian purposes. The second goal is to spread information: we are providing guests with the opportunity to get closer to the Ukrainian creative scene and culture. We will accomplish these goals through the following program:
- A pop-up market with about 30 Ukrainian fashion, jewellery and home decorations brands;
- Flower bouquet-making workshop, bead weaving workshops, motanka workshops by Labo's World (traditional Ukrainian doll) and much more;
- All-day flower market and a kids corner;
- Exhibition of modern Ukrainian artists;
- Screening of a documentary film "Zhiva Vatra" ("The Living Fire") organised in cooperation with Ukrainian Signal, (the film follows three generations of Ukrainian Carpathian shepherds in their struggle to preserve centuries-old crafts, life, and traditions. It reflects the conflicts communities face between tradition and modernity);
- EUfo - mobile teams of the European Academy Berlin entertainingly informing guests about political participation within Europe and democracy - playfully and entertainingly;
- Live performance by Ukrainian DJs;
- Food and drinks organised by the Ukrainian restaurants and bars.
The event is made possible by the generous support of Zalando, the Berlin-based European platform for fashion and lifestyle, and the commitment of Berlin's Ukrainian community.
The event program and details will be published here: https://www.facebook.com/events/781080819788199/?ref=newsfeed
We are looking forward to you joining us for these programs as well as having the opportunity to actively support Ukraine through this event. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Contact: Khrystyna Miftakhov, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 030 951895 17