"SAFE" combines urban environmental protection and volunteer engagement with media literacy and community empowerment and networking.
Despite the urgency of climate and environmental protection, still only a few groups, even in the Berlin metropolitan region, are sufficiently informed and engaged in their immediate environment to contribute to urban environmental protection. At the same time, the 1.5 degree target is moving further and further away and the consequences of climate change are becoming more and more noticeable for us in Germany and Berlin as well. The interest and the urge to act with regard to pressing environmental issues are there. Young adults with and without migration backgrounds find themselves facing this overwhelming prospect in the big city, in their neighborhoods and districts, often without concrete options for action.
The project "SAFE. Sustainable Action for Future Engagement" contributes to urban environmental protection by strengthening voluntary engagement and volunteerism. Under the motto "Think global, act local", interested people with and without a migration background learn about effective engagement for urban environmental and climate protection, the participants become enthusiastic about active participation, learn important skills for media support and come into diverse contact with other engaged people and established actors in urban society.
Overview of project activities:
Digital Preparatory meeting and getting to know each other (2. August 2023).
- Parallel to the annual campaign launch of World CleanUp Day one, interested participants meet for a hands-on introduction to the topics of environmental protection and engagement.
Three parallel media workshops (podcast, video, graphic design) (8.-9. August 2023)
- In three media workshops, participants learn one format each: podcast, video and graphic design, with the support of experienced trainers. They develop initial ideas for their own content and create prototypes that they can later continue and implement independently in the project.
Implementation phase with supervision (September / October 2023)
- During an individual work phase, participants continue the development of their media products and, based on the prototypes created, create initial versions of their podcasts, graphics, or videos dedicated to urban environmental protection or engagement and calling on others to join in.
Berlin Action Day (16. September 2023)
- The highlight is the annual Berlin Action Day on the third Saturday in September, where participants are actively involved and can oversee their own actions in the city with their communities and in the group.
Networking meeting with volunteer actors (19. October 2023)
- At a networking meeting, participants and interested parties from their communities will have the opportunity to exchange ideas with other actors in volunteer work, present their final media products, and get to know volunteer work in Berlin at a market of opportunities.
Who can participate?
The project is aimed particularly at young adults and multipliers over the age of 18. Everyone else is also invited to participate! If you are interested, please reach out to the contact persons directly.
The project is funded by the BMI on the basis of a resolution of the German Bundestag.
WorkshopBy registration-Wie macht man eigentlich einen Podcast? Wie fertigt man eine Grafik? Wie schneidet man ein Video? Erstellt gemeinsam mit unseren Trainern erste Ideen für eigene Inhalte und erstellt Prototypen, die …
TrainingBy registration-Wie macht man eigentlich einen Podcast? Wie fertigt man eine Grafik? Wie schneidet man ein Video? Erstellt gemeinsam mit unseren Trainern erste Ideen für eigene Inhalte und erstellt Prototypen, die …